While our inn and restaurant remain open to guests, we understand that you may be unable or choose not to travel. However, for those looking for a respite from the crowds, we continue to offer a place of rest and tranquility. We are also continuing to monitor the advice and direction of the CDC and the Virginia Health Department.
Social Distancing With Style
Now through April 30, 2020 we are offering:
- Self-check in service
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner menus prepared by our world-class chef
- The option of room service or dining at safe distances in our dining room
- Flexibility to change your reservation date without penalty up to 24 hours in advance, or receive a fully transferable credit for a future stay that does not expire
Our spacious 46-acre property is naturally designed for socially distancing with fresh air and spectacular mountain views. Additionally, the following suites offer private entrances: Wakefield, Windsor, Fyvie, Kenmure and Gordon.
Safe and Healthy, As Always
With the evolving coronavirus, we are taking extra efforts to keep our rooms and public areas safe and clean for you, our employees and the community at large. We have focused our attention on enhancing routine cleaning in preparation, with more proactive and preventative measures in place. We remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness and have taken an extra level of sanitary precautions so you can feel at ease during your stay. The below effective response measures are helping us continue to provide a safe and clean environment for all:
Efforts in our restaurant, Houndstooth, include:
- We will only have 8 diners per dining room, and they will be well spaced out. We will also have ample time to make sure your table and setting are pristinely clean for you.
- The additional option for room service of all meals
- Our plates and silverware are always cleaned in a commercial dishwasher at 190 degrees.
- Being a boutique restaurant, our staff is also very small (maximum of 3 in the kitchen, 2-5 servers) and can easily be monitored by us, the owners, every day on every shift.
- Servers will have minimal contact with the guests, keeping as much distance as possible.
In the inn, we have made some changes:
- We will only have pillows on the beds with laundered pillowcases and pillow protectors and no throw pillows.
- Every hard surface is being wiped with a special disinfecting detergent, and we are sanitizing the doorknobs and high touch hard surfaces hourly.
- Our two housekeepers, Michele and Rashina, have been with us for years and we are sure they will take care of your room with diligence.
Please feel free to call (540) 636-6010 or email Info@GlenGordonManor.com if you have any questions or concerns. We sincerely appreciate the trust you place in us when you travel, and encourage guests to stay informed about CDC reported cases in our state.
Wishing you safety & peace,
Your Innkeepers, Dayn & Nancy