While our inn and restaurant remain open to guests, we understand that you may be unable or choose not to travel. However, for those looking for a respite from the crowds, we continue to offer a place of rest and tranquility. We are also continuing to monitor the advice and direction of the CDC and the Virginia Health Department.
Social Distancing With Style
- Self-check in service
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner menus prepared by our world-class chef
- Dining at safe distances in our dining room
- Flexibility to change your reservation date without penalty up to 48 hours in advance, or receive a fully transferable credit for a future stay that does not expire
Our spacious 46-acre property is naturally designed for socially distancing with fresh air and spectacular mountain views. Additionally, the following suites offer private entrances: Huntly, Albert, Wakefield, Windsor, Fyvie, Kenmure, and Gordon.
Safe and Healthy, As Always
With the evolving coronavirus, we are taking extra efforts to keep our rooms and public areas safe and clean for you, our employees and the community at large. We have focused our attention on enhancing routine cleaning in preparation, with more proactive and preventative measures in place. We remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness and have taken an extra level of sanitary precautions so you can feel at ease during your stay. The below effective response measures are helping us continue to provide a safe and clean environment for all:
Efforts in our restaurant, Houndstooth, include:
- We ensure our diners are spaced out appropriately, and with one seating per evening, we have ample time to make sure your table and setting are pristinely clean for you.
- Our plates and silverware are always cleaned in a commercial dishwasher at 190 degrees.
- Being a boutique restaurant, our staff is also very small (maximum of 3 in the kitchen, 2-5 servers) and can easily be monitored by us, the owners, every day on every shift.
- Servers will have minimal contact with the guests, keeping as much distance as possible.
In the inn, we have made some changes:
- We will only have pillows on the beds with laundered pillowcases and pillow protectors and no throw pillows.
- Every hard surface is being wiped with a special disinfecting detergent, and we are sanitizing the doorknobs and high touch hard surfaces hourly.
- Our two housekeepers, Michele and Rashina, have been with us for years and we are sure they will take care of your room with diligence.
Hear What Our Guests Have To Say
Great getaway during a pandemic
“I highly recommend staying here. It was just the getaway we needed. The owners and everyone who works there are very friendly and accommodating. Because of the current pandemic, my husband and I were looking for a place to get away to that we could drive to… Glen Gordon Manor turned out to be the perfect place.”
Babs161 July 2020, TripAdvisor
Beautiful Inn, Outstanding Meals
“We will be coming back. Beautifully decorated Inn with amazing attention to detail and comfort. But the food is even better. This was our first indoor dining experience during Covid, and we felt ultra safe… We also had a cooking demonstration with Chef Dayn which was a great and equally delicious experience.”
Travel4Me October 2020, TripAdvisor