Dayn Smith and Nancy Moon
We first visited Rappahannock County in 2005 and fell in love with the beauty and serenity of the area. We investigated further and were very impressed with the philosophical position of the County in terms of conservation, and the support from the community. We decided this was where we wanted to live and raise our family. We purchased Glen Gordon Manor in 2006 and are proud to offer our luxurious accommodations and exceptional service.
Resident celebrity Chef Dayn Smith will treat you to a truly world-class dining experience in a beautiful historic setting with high-quality ingredients, exquisite plating, and consummate culinary skills.
Dedicating himself to being a chef at age eleven, Dayn Smith’s dream took him to Hyde Park’s Culinary Institute of America, to an executive chef by 21, and successful executive chef at renowned restaurants throughout the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Switzerland. Along the way, Chef Dayn Smith has been featured in numerous publications and TV shows, including Great Chefs of the World, and has garnered many gold and silver medals in competition. He also competed in the Culinary Olympics in Frankfurt, an exclusive invitation only event for award-winning chefs.
Treat yourself to a truly outstanding meal by Chef Dayn Smith, whose hands have created your memorable meal and whose hand you can shake at meal’s end.
Driving Directions from Washington DC
- Get on I-66 W and follow to Exit 27
- Take Exit 27 for VA-55 E toward State Route 647/Marshall
- Take a left onto US-17 BUS N/Free State Rd then turn right onto VA-647
- Follow VA-647 for 4.5 miles then take a right onto Hume Rd
- Follow Hume Rd for 11.5 miles
- Take a left onto US-522 S (Zachary Taylor Hwy) and follow for 1 mile
- Turn left onto Glen Gordon Ln and Glen Gordon Manor will be on your left